SmartShop is developed by The SmartFactory (http://smartfactory.ca), a division of InBox Solutions (http://inboxsolutions.net)
More than half of all workers have experienced sexual harassment on the job. The resulting cost to companies can be thousands or even millions-of dollars. This program provides practical guidelines to help organizations understand what sexual harassment is, how to handle it when it occurs, and how to avoid it in the first place.
Course Length : Half Day
Course Format : CRPL
: Successful completion of this course will increase your knowledge of and ability to:
- Describe how sexual harassment impacts individuals and the workplace.
- Define sexual harassment from both a legal and real-world perspective.
- Identify examples of sexual harassment.
- Describe options for handling sexual harassment.
- Practice confronting a harasser.
- Identify steps in conducting an investigation.
- Establish policies and procedures to reduce the chances of sexual harassment occurring in your workplace.
I. What is sexual harassment?
A legal definition
Categories of sexual harassment
You be the judge
What do you do about it?
- How to confront the harasser
- Handling negative reactions from the harasser
- Confrontation practice
- Confronting the harasser in writing
- Document the situation
- Dealing with retaliation
- Proving Retaliation
Conducting an investigation
- The investigator’s role
- The investigator’s responsibilities
- If you witness harassment
- If you hear about it
- Steps of an investigation
- Fact gathering
- Written report
If you’re the harasser/accused of being a harasser
Preventing sexual harassment
- Common sense
- Written policy
- Prevention checklist
How to Order